10 Things That All Floridians Have In Common!
Living in Florida has its perks but there are some disadvantages. But there are more advantages to living in Florida - one is that there is no snow and you live where people vacationed. Florida sometimes seems like its own special place separate from the rest and Floridians often seem like a foreign breed to everyone else.
Floridians live where you vacation, we enjoy perpetual summertime, we don’t understand a single thing about the north, and we truly believe saltwater heals all wounds. Us Floridians are a breed of our own and no one understands us like each other. Keep reading for 10 Things All Floridians have in common!
- You Hate Mosquitos! Mosquitoes are everywhere; when I take one step out the door at least ten of them suddenly appear and attack. The only reason Floridians like cold weather is because there are no mosquitoes around.
- The Beach is your life. Whether you like the beach or not, the beach is the place where most of your childhood memories took place. Most likely because you were there on a weekly basis or is that just me?
- Grocery Stores. What makes Publix the best grocery store is not only the fact that it has super friendly employees but also because they give you a free cookie every time you visit! And don't get me started on their subs.
- Hurricane Days are the real deal. We have no such thing as Snow days, just lots of hurricane days. This as a child means no school and this is what you prayed for.
- The weather can drive you insane. You have trust issues with the weather because you can literally get rain one minute and then it's sunny the next minute. It can also be winter in the morning and then summer as the day goes on.
- Disney World becomes part of your life. Your family had the annual passes to Disney World or Universal Studios because it's in Orlando and you live in Florida.
- You say “up north”, but are still referring to the southern parts of the United States. We will talk about traveling to Tallahassee as if it’s so far away and not still in the same state. The majority of us haven’t even seen snow, let alone been in the “real” North.
- College football can tear your family apart. It becomes a central part of every family dynamic, even if you don’t care about football. For Floridians, the debate comes down to UF or FSU, and it will destroy families We take football and tailgating very seriously. You pledge your allegiance to one, and one only.
- You learn to hate Seagulls. They are the rats of the sky and we all know it. Those birds will ruthlessly dive bomb you for everything you have—food, toys, children, it doesn’t matter.
- Last but not least you've seen a shuttle launch. Maybe not recently, but most Floridians can still remember having seen a shuttle launch on TV or even from their front lawns.
Pinellas County Homes for Sale
Included below are homes for sale in Pinellas County. If you would like more information on any of these Pinellas County real estate listings, just click the "Request More Information" button when viewing the details of that property. We can provide you with disclosures, past sales history, dates and prices of homes recently sold nearby, and more.
And, if you haven't already, be sure to register for a free account so that you can receive email alerts whenever new Pinellas County listings come on the market.